"For the first time, he heard something that he knew to be music. He heard people singing. Behind him, across vast distances of space and time, from the place he had left, he thought he heard music too.

...But perhaps, it was only an echo."



- Lois Lowry,
The Giver, Ch. 23

“What if we had ideas that could think for themselves?
What if one day our dreams no longer needed us?
When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us
The time of angels”

Doctor Who 5x04 - The Time of Angels

I'm not weird, I'm just very awkward

When you're a kid, they tell you it's all 'Grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it.' But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.


Midget small, ultra blonde hair, blue eyed and fidgety.
I'm not weird, I'm just very awkward. The worst part of being as awkward as i am is that i know I'm doing it. I know I'm being irrationally awkward but i can't stop, it's something i swear that's been hardwired in me since birth!

If anything i'm a reader.
Weddings, school trips, family outings, family meals, birthday's and what have you, my mum would have to search and question me before such events. Because if she didn't, then the book would be hidden inside some pocket or other and as soon as whatever it was got under way i'd be found in a corner reading. That's just who i was. I'm not weird, i'm just very very awkward, i have suffered my whole life from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if i had been understood....

-&-
Now back to the present, i'm 16 years old and slightly grazing the tiny height of 4ft 10 (yes, midget) i'm attending collage... And well lets just say it's rare now for me not to have at least a small book with me wherever i may go.
---

I will eventually grow up and live a life people approve of....(maybe) =P

Stephanie x


Thursday 10 December 2009

You Are Not The One!

You Are Not The One!

Late one night after working overtime in an office, a man called F
picked up a taxi. The taxi driver was a friendly man, and for a while
they merrily chatted away.

Sometime later the taxi began to
climb up a dark hill. Now woods surrounded them on both sides and there
was no other car around.
Then the taxi driver suddenly said to F in
a serious tone of voice, "Listen. In this place you mustn't look
outside the windows. Got it?"

F was perplexed at the driver's abrupt change of mood and "Yes.."was all he could reply.
The
taxi drove on through the woods. F began to feel uneasy and asked the
driver, "Why shouldn't I see outside?" But the driver didn't respond. F
was getting spooked.
It was just then he heard a strange groan
coming from outside the window beside him. F was startled and looked at
the window in spite of himself.
Then he saw, spread out on the window, a large, angry face. When it saw F, it cried, "You are not the one!"

F
lost consciousness immediately and could not remember what happened
afterwards. Apparently on that road on the hill there was a hit-and-run
accident not long ago which had left one man dead, and the killer was
still at large. Since then the dead man had been appearing on the road
every night, looking for his killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com