"For the first time, he heard something that he knew to be music. He heard people singing. Behind him, across vast distances of space and time, from the place he had left, he thought he heard music too.

...But perhaps, it was only an echo."



- Lois Lowry,
The Giver, Ch. 23

“What if we had ideas that could think for themselves?
What if one day our dreams no longer needed us?
When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us
The time of angels”

Doctor Who 5x04 - The Time of Angels

I'm not weird, I'm just very awkward

When you're a kid, they tell you it's all 'Grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it.' But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.


Midget small, ultra blonde hair, blue eyed and fidgety.
I'm not weird, I'm just very awkward. The worst part of being as awkward as i am is that i know I'm doing it. I know I'm being irrationally awkward but i can't stop, it's something i swear that's been hardwired in me since birth!

If anything i'm a reader.
Weddings, school trips, family outings, family meals, birthday's and what have you, my mum would have to search and question me before such events. Because if she didn't, then the book would be hidden inside some pocket or other and as soon as whatever it was got under way i'd be found in a corner reading. That's just who i was. I'm not weird, i'm just very very awkward, i have suffered my whole life from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if i had been understood....

-&-
Now back to the present, i'm 16 years old and slightly grazing the tiny height of 4ft 10 (yes, midget) i'm attending collage... And well lets just say it's rare now for me not to have at least a small book with me wherever i may go.
---

I will eventually grow up and live a life people approve of....(maybe) =P

Stephanie x


Thursday 10 December 2009

The End Of A Love Affair



This happened when my aunt was living in a flat in Tokyo. My aunt was then studying to be a seamstress and when she came home it would always be well past midnight. Her apartment building was an old type, built with wood and iron stairs set outside which made clanging noise whenever my aunt used them to go up to her room on the first floor.


There was a room on the ground floor just beside the iron staircase, and through its window my aunt would often see, on the way to her own room, a silhuetto of a young woman with a braided hair. The young woman always appeared busy cooking and doing some houseworks in spite of the very late hours.



A year and a half had passed and my aunt's lifestyle had remained unchanged. She would come home late every night and saw the young woman's silhouette through the window, and heard noises coming from there, although she never got to see the young woman face to face.


One time my aunt was late paying her rent, and her landlord came to her room for collection.
They had a little chat, and while at it my aunt casually mentioned to her landlord about "the young woman on the ground floor."As soon as her words were out she noticed her landlord's face had gone pale; he left her then and there, as if he was running away, completely forgetting what he had come for.


It was sometime later that my aunt got a chance to hear a proper explanation from her landlord; he said that the young woman whom my aunt saw was probably a ghost of a woman who committed suicide, after she had an affair with a married man which ended very badly. That room on the ground floor, he said, had been empty for years. The young woman's lover often visited her after midnight so she would often prepare meals for him around that time.


People should never have affairs. Don't you think?


---------------------------------------------------------
The photograph is just an image and is nothing to do with the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com